We specialize in traditional hand washing of Oriental rugs. This is done without the use of machine scrubbers, steam cleaners or rotary shampooing. It's a very labor intensive but gentle cleaning process that thoroughly removes deeply embedded soils.
Hand washing allows us to visually see where soil is concentrated and address particular soils, stains and odors during washing. We have earned the trust of dealers, collectors and consumers to handle their cleaning and repair needs.
We have no doubt that you will too. Call us for a free estimate.
6 step Oriental rug cleaning process
- We thoroughly dust your rug to get rid of any minute particles; normal foot traffic results in more dirt and dust than can be seen by the naked eye. Foreign material imbedded in the pile is abrasive and will eventually cause premature wear. Hand knotted rugs hide dry soil (The Eureka Company did a study and found that a 9x12 could hide 8.7 pounds of dirt).
- We pre-treat and address any spots or stains.
- We shampoo the rug and the fringe using Ovum™ soap. This cleans the rug and helps a rug maintain or regain its natural luster.
- We thoroughly rinse the entire rug
- We extract the water from the rug and hang it in a de-humidified room to ensure a quick drying process.
- We inspect the rug and condition the pile by carefully brushing all of the pile in the proper direction.